Tattoo Removal Treatment
Until recently getting an unwanted tattoo removed has been a daunting task, but now there is a revolutionary method of ink extraction available. Cara can remove that tattoo quickly, easily and permanently, acting upon all colours equally, unlike laser, which is ineffective against certain pigments/inks.
The system we use works much like having the original tattoo, but instead of ink uses a specially formulated cream (Rejuvi) that bonds with the original tattoo ink and draws it to the skin’s surface. The cream is delivered to the ink using a tattoo or permanent make-up machine, therefore the treatment can only be performed by a trained tattoo or permanent make-up artist. The formula forms into a thicker substance which the skin easily pushes out taking the captured tattoo ink with it. The cream doesn’t remain in the skin, or replace the tattoo. The treatment is so effective that a tattoo can usually be removed between approximately 3 and 10 sessions, compared to the dozens of treatments required by laser removal methods. After the treatment course is finished, it is not guaranteed that the skin will return to its natural state. Although correct aftercare should ensure the best possible result.
How It Works
- Topical anaesthetic will be applied to help numb the skin.
- The area is tattooed over using the cream which is specifically designed to bind the tattoo ink and extract it to the skins surface.
- The tattoo extraction formula gets to work almost immediately, drawing the original tattoo ink upwards through the skin. At this point the substance and extracted ink are wiped away.
- The area is then covered with a sterile dressing immediately after the treatment for a few hours.
- A crust will form over the tattooed area, during the next couple of weeks. This should be kept completely dry at this time.
- The crust will start to naturally fall away taking the unwanted tattoo ink with it.
- The remaining tattoo ink will lighten and move closer to the epidermis until the next treatment is applied, and this will continue until the tattoo has been totally removed.
- Much faster and more effective than laser removal
- No need to avoid direct sunlight after treatment
- Suitable and effective for all skin/tattoo types
- Less painful than laser removal treatments
- Equal results on all colour pigments/inks
- Less liable to scar than laser treatment
Questions and Answers
Does it hurt?
Cara will apply topical anaesthetic to numb the skin prior to the treatment. The treatment feels very similar to being tattooed.
How long does the treatment take?
The treatment takes around 45 minutes to cover an approximate 2 inch square area.
How will i know if this treatment is suitable for me?
The treatment is suitable for most people, however a thorough consultation is carried out prior to any treatment and a patch test may be required if the tattoo is over an inch in size.
How many treatments will it take to remove my tattoo?
On average most tattoos can be removed between approximately 3 and 10 sessions depending on size and location. Very old tattoos may take extra treatment. We will always treat the full area in one sitting at each appointment. If you require a larger area to be removed, please discuss this with Cara.
How long does it need to be covered for?
It will generally takes a minimum of 6-8 weeks for the skin to heal; at this point the next treatment can be re-booked.
How soon can I see results?
The area should be kept completely dry for the next couple of weeks, during that time a crust will form over the treated skin. The crust will start to fall away naturally, taking the unwanted tattoo ink with it. Sometimes parts of the tattoo will be almost completely erased after just the first treatment.
Will it leave a permanent scar?
If the treated area is cared for properly then the risk of scarring should be minimal. If the original tattoo has been applied too deeply, then attempted removal can be more liable to scarring. It is recommended that a small trial area is tested first. It is also important to follow the after care instructions provided.
Do you guarantee complete tattoo removal?
Every individual tattoo is unique; some will respond better than others to particular treatments. No guarantee can be made on the full success of the treatment but it has a better success rate than other available tattoo removal techniques.
Price List Guide
0 - 1 inches £50.00
1 - 2 inches £100.00
2 - 4 inches £150.00
4 - 8 inches £250.00
Price may differ according to location with in the UK